Well I for one have been having a blast following everyone, and stumbling on new peeps who have decided to join in this challenge!
I am going to try to recap from memory all the “A’s” floating around out there. And remind me if I miss a couple, please!!
And somewhere along the way I saw #amazeballs!!! Thank you to each of you who joined in and made this kick off so much fun! I am beyond excited to get going with “B”.
Ok my plan for “B” is to let you all in on a little more of my story. My pick for “B” is Books. And when I says Books define my story, I mean all that books stand for in my little world. Books in my life stand for learning, connecting, challenging, and some times decorating. 🙂 Over the next two weeks, I will do my best to share how books play such a big part of my story!
So I started a small business this year. In a nutshell, this is what the last eleven months have looked like:
- Had a partner, do not have a partner (she moved, and I miss her )
- Had a biz name, have a new biz name (first lesson in TM’ing) 🙂
- Had a logo designed, had a new logo designed (met a very nice Trademark lawyer)
- Registered business name at the courthouse
- Opened a biz facebook page, twitter account, blog (then again with the new name)
- Opened a bank acct, Paypal acct, and Etsy shop
- Created business cards, stickers, tags, packaging (2x)
- One Fall Festival completed, One Holiday Craft show booked
- Marketing, Marketing, Marketing
- Networking, Networking, Networking
- Sales, Sales, Sales
Phew I’m tired, and where the heck is the SOAP?!
Here’s the point. . . I can now appreciate my fellow small business owners. For all the hard work and determination that goes into starting and maintaining a small business, I would like to dedicate this month’s posts to some pretty cool shop owners. So from now until November 26th, Small Business Saturday, keep your eyes peeled for great ideas for the upcoming holiday shopping season and help support more small businesses!